Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Crab Appetizer


Seafood is always impressive served at home, as long as it's done well! My mother has been making these for as long as I can remember! This is one of my favorite appetizers to serve, and it's fantastic because it can be frozen and thrown in the oven should unexpected company arrive. With our little guy on the way, I anticipate people dropping by to "help" and the hostess in me needing to feed them. 


Crab Appetizer
Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 jar old English cheese spread
1 1/2 tsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp garlic powder
14 oz. can crab meat (not lump). Drain this well!
6 English muffins
Directions:
Blend 1st 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl. 
Split the English muffins in half (you should have two circles).  Spread a heaping tablespoon of mixture on each half.  Cut each half into 6 wedges. I like to throw them in the freezer for 10 minutes so they firm up a little bit--it makes the wedges much neater. Broil for 5 minutes until slightly bubbly.
Wedges may be frozen before baking, but must be thawed before broiling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment