Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lemon Cake

This is by far my favorite cake. I almost always request it for my birthday, and I just recently made it myself using my mom's recipe. I'm sure I didn't live up to hers, but it turned out pretty well!


Ingredients:
1 box lemon supreme cake mix (or similar)
1 pkg lemon instant pudding (3.4 oz size)
3/4 c. water
3/4 c. Wesson oil
4 eggs


Directions: 
Mix all the above together & pour into 9 x 13 ungreased pan. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min                      
While the cake is baking, make the glaze.
While hot, prick holes in cake with large fork to the bottom of the pan.

Glaze Ingredients:
2 c. confectioners sugar 9 (1 lb box)
1/3 c. orange juice
2 tablespoons warm water
2 tablespoons Wesson oil
Mix all together until smooth (I use a mixer) and spoon over hot cake. Let it cool and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment