Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hawaiian Grilled Pork Chops

This is a recipe my mother sent me shortly after I moved out on my own, under the assumption that I would actually go to the effort of cooking for myself. My first year of teaching was the year of cheap take-out. Nonetheless, I do pull out this recipe when my husband is manning the grill. He usually does a pork chop for himself, and I use the same marinade for a chicken breast.

Ingredients:

1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices, undrained
6 (1-inch thick) pork chops
1/2  cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
 
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice.  Set pineapple aside.
Place chops in large shallow dish.  Combine reserved pineapple juice and next five ingredients, mixing well.
Pour over chops; cover and marinate in refrigerator about 2 hrs.  Remove chops, reserving marinade.  Grill over medium heat 40 to 45 minutes, turning frequently and basting with marinade.  Place a pineapple ring on each chop during the last few minutes of cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment