Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fresh Corn Casserole



My aunt brought this to a party once and was happy to share the recipe. It can originally be found here on the food network website.  I eliminated the parsley because... well, I just don't like it.



Fresh Corn Casserole
3 cups  fresh corn, cut from the cob
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 jar (2 ounces) pimentos, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I wish I remembered to do this at the beginning. Unfortunately, I often end up pacing back and forth in front of it with a casserole dish in my hand, waiting for that blessed beep.
Mix the corn kernels with the flour until it is evenly coated.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix together. 
Pour into a baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment