Monday, March 19, 2012

Photo canvases

I will be the very first to admit that I do not know the first thing about photography. I've heard it has something to do with light, but that's about it. I'm kind of a point-and-shoot person who hopes to get pictures clear enough that I'll be able to remember what it was later. I also have heard something about photographing dogs on their level, so I lay in the floor with my dog a lot. That does not make me a very effective photographer while on vacation. Very rarely will your subject lie on the ground with you.

I did get some lucky shots on our trip to Savannah in August of 2010, though. We went to Bonaventure Cemetery, one of my favorite spots in the entire world. I have always had a wider-than-normal morbid streak, so this cemetery by the river is very appealing. The spanish moss and spectacular monuments take your breath away. I took a few pictures of things that stood out to me; I think they're tragically beautiful and make my heart hurt a little bit. When we got home from the trip and started looking through the pictures, these two really stood out to me. I eventually had them printed onto canvas for our living room, and now they hand over two matching chairs on a neutral-colored wall. I love having this little piece of Savannah at our home, and it's nice to be able to display two of my few-and-far-between artistic moments. I wish I could remember what company I used to make the canvas prints, but I used a groupon or living social certificate, and they aren't in my account anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment