Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jewelry Cleaner

Now that I'm in my late 20s, I think I can finally admit that my mother knows what she's talking about, after all. She was always giving me little tips to use around the house, which I clearly didn't need, as I was obviously an expert at running a house after living on my own for five minutes. Now I know that she might know a little more than I do, as she's been married and running a house for two to three people and a menagerie of animals for almost thirty years. One of those tips was her "recipe" for jewelry cleaner, which works wonders. It keeps my baubles sparkling, and I wanted to share it here!

1 teaspoon ivory liquid dish soap
1 tablespoon fantastic
2 tablespoons ammonia

Add water until your concoction reaches eight ounces. Soak your jewelry. Brush them with a toothbrush, then rinse in hot water. Put the jewelry in rubbing alcohol for as long as you can--the longer, the shinier. Rinse and wipe with a lint-free cloth.

I'm stopping by the store to get the ingredients today--my rings are looking a little sad! They aren't as sparkly as they were on our first anniversary!

1 comment: